Saturday, May 06, 2006
Mutton ain't nuttin to be excited about...
It was a delicious broth soup but with goat legs (including the hooves) floating in it. Evidently it’s supposed to help your joints…but I don’t think it did much for the poor goat. In case you are ever served goat leg soup…you are supposed to eat the gelatinous goop that once were hard hooves with the tendons and ligaments still attached. Oh and then suck the bone marrow out of the bones … its not too tasty, actually it’s really disgusting and sticky (hence where you get glue from). But we smiled, swallowed quickly and kept it down. That alone would deem the evening pretty successful. Hi, my name is April and I am forevermore a vegetarian.
Mutton ain't nuttin to be excited about...
We were so excited to meet a Brahman family who eats meat…well until they served us dinner.
It was a delicious broth soup but with goat legs (including the hooves) floating in it. Evidently it’s supposed to help your joints…but I don’t think it did much for the poor goat. In case you are ever served goat leg soup…you are supposed to eat the gelatinous goop that once were hard hooves with the tendons and ligaments still attached. Oh and then suck the bone marrow out of the bones … its not too tasty, actually it’s really disgusting and sticky (hence where you get glue from). But we smiled, swallowed quickly and kept it down. That alone would deem the evening pretty successful. Hi, my name is April and I am forevermore a vegetarian.
1 comments:
- Anonymous said...
-
Oh April, how on earth could you eat the hooves?
I didn't know that they put the hooves in there too.
momma, B - Thursday, August 10, 2006 6:35:00 PM



1 comments to make my day!:
Oh April, how on earth could you eat the hooves?
I didn't know that they put the hooves in there too.
momma, B
Post a Comment