Saturday, May 06, 2006
Oi
We went and ate some of the best Indian food we have had yet! So now we know who to take cooking lessons from! We met a SISTER at our aunties who runs an orphanage here in town and asked us to come visit – which we jumped at the chance. So we will go next week after we move in. Then we headed BACK up to our house to meet up with our landlord and check up on the paint progress… The phrase “crazy American girls” seems to come up a lot… I just don’t think they appreciate our artistic touch.
We kept trying to help but they said no!no! you supervise! So we sat out on our balcony knitting and chatting with our neighbors while we “supervised”.
We have the greatest view of the stars – reminds me of texas skies. They always have Beki sing because she has the greatest voice…however in this culture I’ve figured out that that means that I should be able to sing too. HAHA poor people. So this evening I was given the choice to sing or dance for them… humorous I know. So what did I do??? We taught the girls to do the Electric slide…OH YES.
We had a great view of a wedding down in the valley – looked something like Rockefeller Center at Christmas with fireworks… I think everyone should have fireworks at their wedding. It was pretty sweet. Plus a crazy band – it sounded like a bunch of elephants playing and quite a bit off tune. So as we’re having a grand ole time, we realize that they have been painting some columns the wrong color so we correct them and they fix it… and a bit later we realize that we liked the first color better and got them to redo it… They laughed at us but I think secretly they were not thinking nice things.
Oi
So we started off the day well, hung out at our usual internet café and shared a bit about our DAD to our internet friend. Then we grabbed an auto back up to our house to give paint instructions to our landlord again. Afterwards we discovered an Auntie in town had made us lunch and was waiting for us so we had to leave as quickly as you can in this country and start our trek BACK to town. We were a bit stressed at this point when on our way it starts pouring rain! Dad has a great sense of humor …we couldn’t help but start hysterically laughing.
We went and ate some of the best Indian food we have had yet! So now we know who to take cooking lessons from! We met a SISTER at our aunties who runs an orphanage here in town and asked us to come visit – which we jumped at the chance. So we will go next week after we move in. Then we headed BACK up to our house to meet up with our landlord and check up on the paint progress… The phrase “crazy American girls” seems to come up a lot… I just don’t think they appreciate our artistic touch.
We kept trying to help but they said no!no! you supervise! So we sat out on our balcony knitting and chatting with our neighbors while we “supervised”.
We have the greatest view of the stars – reminds me of texas skies. They always have Beki sing because she has the greatest voice…however in this culture I’ve figured out that that means that I should be able to sing too. HAHA poor people. So this evening I was given the choice to sing or dance for them… humorous I know. So what did I do??? We taught the girls to do the Electric slide…OH YES.
We had a great view of a wedding down in the valley – looked something like Rockefeller Center at Christmas with fireworks… I think everyone should have fireworks at their wedding. It was pretty sweet. Plus a crazy band – it sounded like a bunch of elephants playing and quite a bit off tune. So as we’re having a grand ole time, we realize that they have been painting some columns the wrong color so we correct them and they fix it… and a bit later we realize that we liked the first color better and got them to redo it… They laughed at us but I think secretly they were not thinking nice things.



0 comments to make my day!:
Post a Comment