Pages

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

the surreal aisle...

oh yes my friends, that's a starbucks coffee... and that's the cereal aisle. so the venture of the day: the cereal aisle.....
which by the way, they have come up with some interesting concoctions to claim as cereal and i don't know who has some of these particular tastes or are looking for that in a cereal but whatever. for example Kelloggs cereal straws?? or yogurt burst?? that can't be tastey

but i'm alive and i made it through without too much trauma to my psyche. i did stand in the aisle for some 20 or so minutes (but just to point out, most other acclimated americans wandered from one end to another and back, just as indecisive. )

THEN a grocery store attendant walked by and asked if we needed help, we said no thank you, and he LEFT. just like that. i was confused... why didn't he follow us around and stand within 5 feet of us??
the world may never know.

6 comments to make my day!:

Emily said...

HAHA! You mean no one was dying to see what exactly it is that you put in your buggy? What kind of store did you go to??

Tales of a Girl said...

lovely...the cereal aisle...with yummy boxes that aren't 8$!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

haha!!! Awesome! You mean, there wasn't a person there to comment on everything you purchased? or to pick out things they think you should buy? haha!!!

Simply Living Life said...

or someone to say "madame right here is the cereal and here (five feet away) is some more cereal." too crazy! Actually the other day I went to a cloth walla and he did not start throwing cloth at me and I was confused as to what I was supposed to do. So... I told him to start showing me stuff... never fear he finally got the hang of it.

Anonymous said...

Cereal aisle=bliss. But he didn't follow you around!? What kind of service is that?

Laura said...

yay! you're back in the states!! how exciting. I'm proud of you for braving the cereal aisle, but I can't believe no one was there to help you make the important decision of which to choose. how did you know what to do? that aisle deserves at least 5 south asian attendants.

the surreal aisle...

oh yes my friends, that's a starbucks coffee... and that's the cereal aisle. so the venture of the day: the cereal aisle.....
which by the way, they have come up with some interesting concoctions to claim as cereal and i don't know who has some of these particular tastes or are looking for that in a cereal but whatever. for example Kelloggs cereal straws?? or yogurt burst?? that can't be tastey

but i'm alive and i made it through without too much trauma to my psyche. i did stand in the aisle for some 20 or so minutes (but just to point out, most other acclimated americans wandered from one end to another and back, just as indecisive. )

THEN a grocery store attendant walked by and asked if we needed help, we said no thank you, and he LEFT. just like that. i was confused... why didn't he follow us around and stand within 5 feet of us??
the world may never know.

6 comments:

Emily said...

HAHA! You mean no one was dying to see what exactly it is that you put in your buggy? What kind of store did you go to??

Tales of a Girl said...

lovely...the cereal aisle...with yummy boxes that aren't 8$!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

haha!!! Awesome! You mean, there wasn't a person there to comment on everything you purchased? or to pick out things they think you should buy? haha!!!

Simply Living Life said...

or someone to say "madame right here is the cereal and here (five feet away) is some more cereal." too crazy! Actually the other day I went to a cloth walla and he did not start throwing cloth at me and I was confused as to what I was supposed to do. So... I told him to start showing me stuff... never fear he finally got the hang of it.

Anonymous said...

Cereal aisle=bliss. But he didn't follow you around!? What kind of service is that?

Laura said...

yay! you're back in the states!! how exciting. I'm proud of you for braving the cereal aisle, but I can't believe no one was there to help you make the important decision of which to choose. how did you know what to do? that aisle deserves at least 5 south asian attendants.