Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2007

"Chaos of Beauty"

I must say this was my favorite project by far! At the house where i'm staying, Suz asked me to paint something for her. She told me she had a piece of wood cut out to fit where an airconditioning unit could go but that right now it was just an eyesore.

So she asked me to paint the board to look like stained glass.... She gave me a lot of liberty to do anything i wanted in whatever style i wanted. (she is quite brave, let me tell you) And as most people know abstract/modern is my favorite style! I wish i could take credit for the entire idea of the painting but i cannot - i found a pic similar to this one on the internet, so i took the idea and made it my own.

April Coffman

"Chaos of Beauty"

Acrylic on Wood

Please use the comment button to analyze this painting or explain its symbolism as you see it.

(all you do is click the comment button; write in the "leave a comment box"; then click "other" if you do not have a google account, write your name in the space marked "name" then click "publish your comment" - see its really quite easy - like 1-2-3. )

Did i mention i like it when people comment?? in fact it pretty much makes my day...

8 comments to make my day!:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

DUDE! I love that! It's soo cool!!! OK, when I saw it I thought it looked like "the harvest"... I saw the top right and it looked like wheat and then in the middle it looked as if new life was just coming out all over the place! Way cool!!!
I didn't know you were that talented! I'm impressed!!

Emily said...

WHOA. That's awesome!! April you are so gifted. No wonder you mehendi so well (yes it's a verb! :) You're an artist! So I interpret this as, Um, hello, it's freakin' beautiful.

Mandi said...

oh wow...this is so sweet! someday, i will have to get you to paint something for my house...when i have a house or whatever...anyway, this to me is like a woman's soul--so beautiful and colorful and so much going on in every direction. the title is perfect. once again, wow.

julie said...

this painting is saying to me...my friend, april, is awesome and oh so very gifted. but i guess, i can tell you that myself since i'll see you TOMORROW!

Anonymous said...

It reminds me of my childhood.

Lindsey said...

That is awesome Apes! I love it! You are so talented. I've been studying it intently and analyzing it. I am not completely finished analyzing it but I definately see floor wax and a very large hand in it. :) I'll describe it in more detail later on. Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Dear April,

That is just beautiful! How lovely. If you want to paint when you get back, then come to Missouri. I'll put you to work.

Beki's Mom

Rachel said...

An eyesore no longer. April you truly are an artistic genius. You can come to my house and paint whenever you want. Abby might just need some awesome murals in her bedroom. Love you, Rachel

"Chaos of Beauty"

I must say this was my favorite project by far! At the house where i'm staying, Suz asked me to paint something for her. She told me she had a piece of wood cut out to fit where an airconditioning unit could go but that right now it was just an eyesore.

So she asked me to paint the board to look like stained glass.... She gave me a lot of liberty to do anything i wanted in whatever style i wanted. (she is quite brave, let me tell you) And as most people know abstract/modern is my favorite style! I wish i could take credit for the entire idea of the painting but i cannot - i found a pic similar to this one on the internet, so i took the idea and made it my own.

April Coffman

"Chaos of Beauty"

Acrylic on Wood

Please use the comment button to analyze this painting or explain its symbolism as you see it.

(all you do is click the comment button; write in the "leave a comment box"; then click "other" if you do not have a google account, write your name in the space marked "name" then click "publish your comment" - see its really quite easy - like 1-2-3. )

Did i mention i like it when people comment?? in fact it pretty much makes my day...

8 comments:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

DUDE! I love that! It's soo cool!!! OK, when I saw it I thought it looked like "the harvest"... I saw the top right and it looked like wheat and then in the middle it looked as if new life was just coming out all over the place! Way cool!!!
I didn't know you were that talented! I'm impressed!!

Emily said...

WHOA. That's awesome!! April you are so gifted. No wonder you mehendi so well (yes it's a verb! :) You're an artist! So I interpret this as, Um, hello, it's freakin' beautiful.

Mandi said...

oh wow...this is so sweet! someday, i will have to get you to paint something for my house...when i have a house or whatever...anyway, this to me is like a woman's soul--so beautiful and colorful and so much going on in every direction. the title is perfect. once again, wow.

julie said...

this painting is saying to me...my friend, april, is awesome and oh so very gifted. but i guess, i can tell you that myself since i'll see you TOMORROW!

Anonymous said...

It reminds me of my childhood.

Lindsey said...

That is awesome Apes! I love it! You are so talented. I've been studying it intently and analyzing it. I am not completely finished analyzing it but I definately see floor wax and a very large hand in it. :) I'll describe it in more detail later on. Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Dear April,

That is just beautiful! How lovely. If you want to paint when you get back, then come to Missouri. I'll put you to work.

Beki's Mom

Rachel said...

An eyesore no longer. April you truly are an artistic genius. You can come to my house and paint whenever you want. Abby might just need some awesome murals in her bedroom. Love you, Rachel