


Above: Bekkers, cute little sikh man who decided to give us a tour, me, and Emily
The next night we went to Waghah border. It is the border of Pakistan and India where the guards of each respective country show off to remove their flags and close the gate for the night. this occurs every evening and is quite a show to watch since women sit on one side and the men sit on the other, but there is dancing in the streets and yelling matches going back and forth as to which country is the greatest.

Below: Pakistan side
India side
Below: Crazy white girls...

Random sidenote that has absolutely nothing to do with this trip: Soo, I have been tagged by Jules so i am to list 9 weird things about myself... why 9, i have no idea but hey... its hard to list the weird things especially since they seem so normal to you... but here it goes.
1. I love to change hair colors - sometimes it turns out great other times it turns out bright pumpkin orange....
2. Art galleries and coffee shops are my happy places...
3. I love blue doors...
4. if you tell me any part of a movie that i haven't seen i won't go see it
5. I almost always wear socks to bed, even in the summers
6. I have a teddy bear that i have had since before i can remember and he has been to every country i have
7. I can't wake up to alarms, but open my door without saying a word and i'll sit straight up
8. I get excited over history books... i recently bought the encyclopedia of my state and the history of early india.... although i'm not sure if that amounts to weirdness or just nerdy-ness
9. i love anything sparkly... especially bindy's (the dots or designs that indian women wear on their foreheads)



3 comments to make my day!:
#3 and #7...oh I miss you so much!! I have to say that you remain my #1 roomie EVER!!
How do you say sikh? Are you standing by a cute little sick guy?
I was just wondering.
hahaha... pronounced like "seek"
Post a Comment