Pages

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
We headed south for turkey day to join people from Canada, Australia and America.
I miss the English language spoken by native english speakers.
So, word on the street was that we might be able to find a turkey.....
and if you look below...oh yes
Here is Kyle and 2 very happy vegetarians eating turkey!

THAT is a table full of pumpkin pie, apple pie, and cheesecake! yumm!

"Not touching..can't get mad; not touching...can't get mad!"

We watched the Michigan vs. Ohio state football game..Great game!!! I-Tunes is something we were quite thankful for!

After we ate a lot of food and watched the game...we went to a real movie theater and watched the new James Bond movie! Indian movies are so interesting because well for one it was still in english with no subtitles but there also comes a 10min intermission in the middle of the movie and because of the culture many inappropriate scenes are cut. In most Bollywood movies the actors will almost never kiss on the lips. So American movies would be quite scandalous.

The next day we headed off to a golf course! and Jules taught me to play golf! oh yes! Beki bet me 5 ruppees to play the entire game with my driver (the no. 1 wood to be exact). The driver adds a certain element of difficulty when you are trying to putt... I caved about the 4th hole when i needed the 7 iron and putter. Beks was our caddie (the best one ever!!!) and also kyle's scorekeeper. Angie was a stud and picked it up really fast!! we were impressed.

Our taxi ended up being like an hour later than he was supposed to be there so fun times were had in the golfing course parking lot! Go roomie!

here we are sporting the traditional cap fashion specific to various districts in our state. The fact that usually the little old men are the ones wearing them is entirely beside the point! we are still cool!

Now for some blogging interactions...what were you thankful for on thanksgiving!!!

(the comment button below is ready and wating!!)

6 comments to make my day!:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for April's BLOG! We get to see you even when you aren't here! WE LOVE YOU!!!
~THE FAM!

Anonymous said...

Tiger Tiger Tiger Woods, y'all.

Emily said...

I'm thankful for April's hopes and dreams talks! And it totally makes me laugh that you stole all of your pics off of Jules' blog. :)Way to go!

Beki Lee said...

YEAY for stealing pictures!!! Just as long as you don't get any ideas about stealing my pictures for the competition in Thailand!!! I WILL win my friend, I WILL win! Not that I'm competative or anything!

Anonymous said...

i am thankful for my arms and legs. not to mention my eyes, ears, nose and mouth. the list could go on forever as it includes family, friends and disneyland. i am very thankful that you guys got to have turkey and pie. it makes me happy!!

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful that you two are safe and staying warm. Those yak sweaters will not get you a fashion award but they look warm.

Momma Barreth

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
We headed south for turkey day to join people from Canada, Australia and America.
I miss the English language spoken by native english speakers.
So, word on the street was that we might be able to find a turkey.....
and if you look below...oh yes
Here is Kyle and 2 very happy vegetarians eating turkey!

THAT is a table full of pumpkin pie, apple pie, and cheesecake! yumm!

"Not touching..can't get mad; not touching...can't get mad!"

We watched the Michigan vs. Ohio state football game..Great game!!! I-Tunes is something we were quite thankful for!

After we ate a lot of food and watched the game...we went to a real movie theater and watched the new James Bond movie! Indian movies are so interesting because well for one it was still in english with no subtitles but there also comes a 10min intermission in the middle of the movie and because of the culture many inappropriate scenes are cut. In most Bollywood movies the actors will almost never kiss on the lips. So American movies would be quite scandalous.

The next day we headed off to a golf course! and Jules taught me to play golf! oh yes! Beki bet me 5 ruppees to play the entire game with my driver (the no. 1 wood to be exact). The driver adds a certain element of difficulty when you are trying to putt... I caved about the 4th hole when i needed the 7 iron and putter. Beks was our caddie (the best one ever!!!) and also kyle's scorekeeper. Angie was a stud and picked it up really fast!! we were impressed.

Our taxi ended up being like an hour later than he was supposed to be there so fun times were had in the golfing course parking lot! Go roomie!

here we are sporting the traditional cap fashion specific to various districts in our state. The fact that usually the little old men are the ones wearing them is entirely beside the point! we are still cool!

Now for some blogging interactions...what were you thankful for on thanksgiving!!!

(the comment button below is ready and wating!!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for April's BLOG! We get to see you even when you aren't here! WE LOVE YOU!!!
~THE FAM!

Anonymous said...

Tiger Tiger Tiger Woods, y'all.

Emily said...

I'm thankful for April's hopes and dreams talks! And it totally makes me laugh that you stole all of your pics off of Jules' blog. :)Way to go!

Beki Lee said...

YEAY for stealing pictures!!! Just as long as you don't get any ideas about stealing my pictures for the competition in Thailand!!! I WILL win my friend, I WILL win! Not that I'm competative or anything!

Anonymous said...

i am thankful for my arms and legs. not to mention my eyes, ears, nose and mouth. the list could go on forever as it includes family, friends and disneyland. i am very thankful that you guys got to have turkey and pie. it makes me happy!!

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful that you two are safe and staying warm. Those yak sweaters will not get you a fashion award but they look warm.

Momma Barreth