Pages

Monday, January 23, 2006

Here's to you UNT schedule advisors...

Dear UNT,
I regret to inform you that I have successfully been able to use my major..
Yes I know you have done everything in your power to keep this from happening but we can mourn together. Evidently, when you change cultures and countries, those annoying classes you must take for electives or core like anthropology, sociology, history, and government... have actually been of use.

I attended a lecture today about worldviews and how we look at other cultures... I actually understood what the speaker was talking about...shocking, I know. But we looked at it from other points of view, how people groups are set up and distinguished from one another. For example we talked a lot about time based verses event based cultures, secular verses traditional, and oral verses literate. We actually discussed practical applications of sociology within our people groups.
Have no fear I won't let this bit of information slip out. I just thought you should know in case this kind of thing happens again...

1 comments to make my day!:

Anonymous said...

HEY BEAUTIFUL SISTER! It is always sad when i check my xanga and no one has commented to i thought i would be the first to comment for you and tell you how much we miss you. We went to see THE END OF THE SPEAR and it was amazing. I cried throughout the movie. Don't die, OKAY!! I love you. Take care! ~Traci

Here's to you UNT schedule advisors...

Dear UNT,
I regret to inform you that I have successfully been able to use my major..
Yes I know you have done everything in your power to keep this from happening but we can mourn together. Evidently, when you change cultures and countries, those annoying classes you must take for electives or core like anthropology, sociology, history, and government... have actually been of use.

I attended a lecture today about worldviews and how we look at other cultures... I actually understood what the speaker was talking about...shocking, I know. But we looked at it from other points of view, how people groups are set up and distinguished from one another. For example we talked a lot about time based verses event based cultures, secular verses traditional, and oral verses literate. We actually discussed practical applications of sociology within our people groups.
Have no fear I won't let this bit of information slip out. I just thought you should know in case this kind of thing happens again...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY BEAUTIFUL SISTER! It is always sad when i check my xanga and no one has commented to i thought i would be the first to comment for you and tell you how much we miss you. We went to see THE END OF THE SPEAR and it was amazing. I cried throughout the movie. Don't die, OKAY!! I love you. Take care! ~Traci