Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

waiting. and waiting. and waiting.....

"Wait for the Lord;
be Strong, and let your heart take courage;
wait for the Lord!" Psalm 27:14
Wait.
Wait.
Wait.

For what???? This has been the constant message to me. Wait. I feel like i'm going crazy.
There are many things i'd like to take care of today or even yesterday. But that oh so familiar voice said no, love, not yet. Wait. Wait for Me. So I wait.
some days i think "ah" relax. The time is not yet so i can just wait on that.
Other days i want to march straight in, just "fix" everything so i can move on to the next thing.
Wait. Waiting. Waited.
I guess waiting is an action. I have to look at it like this, that i AM doing something. I am being obedient. I am waiting. I will wait. until I have waited long enough and that voice says "enough" now go. Stop waiting and Go.
Waiting is not easy. That's why that verse follows with be Strong! and courageous!
You have to be brave to endure some of life's troubles and you have to be strong to hold on to your boundaries. So really God is making me into a Patient, Strong and Brave woman.
thank you.

1 comments to make my day!:

Stephanie said...

waiting as an action...
love it!
powerful...hard...challenging...

yet you twiddle your thumbs and watch the days go by...jan, feb, march...oh my!

you're right, obedience.
that's what it is

(also, hi i found you! hope you don't mind...)

waiting. and waiting. and waiting.....

"Wait for the Lord;

be Strong, and let your heart take courage;
wait for the Lord!" Psalm 27:14
Wait.
Wait.
Wait.

For what???? This has been the constant message to me. Wait. I feel like i'm going crazy.
There are many things i'd like to take care of today or even yesterday. But that oh so familiar voice said no, love, not yet. Wait. Wait for Me. So I wait.
some days i think "ah" relax. The time is not yet so i can just wait on that.
Other days i want to march straight in, just "fix" everything so i can move on to the next thing.
Wait. Waiting. Waited.
I guess waiting is an action. I have to look at it like this, that i AM doing something. I am being obedient. I am waiting. I will wait. until I have waited long enough and that voice says "enough" now go. Stop waiting and Go.
Waiting is not easy. That's why that verse follows with be Strong! and courageous!
You have to be brave to endure some of life's troubles and you have to be strong to hold on to your boundaries. So really God is making me into a Patient, Strong and Brave woman.
thank you.

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

waiting as an action...
love it!
powerful...hard...challenging...

yet you twiddle your thumbs and watch the days go by...jan, feb, march...oh my!

you're right, obedience.
that's what it is

(also, hi i found you! hope you don't mind...)