Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2007

At the Y with some americanos...

Me and Bekkers about to head to the Great sandwich City to meet our group!!


Funny story... so Beki, Emily and I bought tickets to fly on Jagson air from the mountains down to Delhi where it would take less than 2 hours instead of the overnight bus. well according to local rumor, the pilot of their plane quit or something. That presents a problem, i would think. well anyhow, we didn't know this, so when we walked outside on the runway we were looking around for a plane, but there was none. so this helpful attendant guy says "this way madam.." motioning to the helicopter. Never a dull moment... so the three of us helicoptered our way through the himalayas to Delhi. They wouldn't let us take pictures at the airport so we snuck one at the Delhi one. Thanks bekkers!
So once in Delhi we ran some errands, did a little shopping with friends and ate at the best cafe ever called "Choco-la". They have a lot of chocolate, yummy coffee, and great food.
The Next day we headed to the "Y" to get settled and start preparing for groups to get into delhi. We had sessions every day with of course breaks along the way....

Tea time! Chai break!

Our group that's going to our area is awesome. We have named them Team Hardcore. One day at lunch i thought it would be beneficial for them to learn to eat with their hands... it was pretty humorous. you guys are so great!!

This is Lance. We both have the same last name - actually spelled the same way!! quite uncommon. so we addressed each other only by our last names. So funny!


The girls! after a storying session at the Y.and of course our annual picture of wherever we see each other - Me and John Caleb
Yeah for East Texas!! As a gift for helping out and teaching sessions, we were all given a bag of goodies. both Beki and i got separate bags of food!! Walmart exploded in our room. We were pretty thrilled. AND my group brought me a 6 pack of Dr Pepper!!! happy day!Here's a pic of Me, Haley (our new "travel friend") and BekkersBelow is Team Hardcore of the Nimda* TrailBlazers. (they really are hardcore.) you guys ROCK!



2 comments to make my day!:

jrob said...

SA 101 Orientation was a blast!

Anonymous said...

SO I have been thinking about you a lot. I miss you so much! Tell our Coffman friend hello from his other sister!!I was pretty amazed when I read that. It is not that often we find those kind of friends!LOL. I hope you are doing well after the move. I have been working and taking classes this summer. Not much time for anything else. Although I am getting way excited about going back to school. In a weird way I never thought those words would come out of my mouth. I hope that you are having an amazing time with friends!! Miss you tons! ~Traci

At the Y with some americanos...

Me and Bekkers about to head to the Great sandwich City to meet our group!!


Funny story... so Beki, Emily and I bought tickets to fly on Jagson air from the mountains down to Delhi where it would take less than 2 hours instead of the overnight bus. well according to local rumor, the pilot of their plane quit or something. That presents a problem, i would think. well anyhow, we didn't know this, so when we walked outside on the runway we were looking around for a plane, but there was none. so this helpful attendant guy says "this way madam.." motioning to the helicopter. Never a dull moment... so the three of us helicoptered our way through the himalayas to Delhi. They wouldn't let us take pictures at the airport so we snuck one at the Delhi one. Thanks bekkers!
So once in Delhi we ran some errands, did a little shopping with friends and ate at the best cafe ever called "Choco-la". They have a lot of chocolate, yummy coffee, and great food.
The Next day we headed to the "Y" to get settled and start preparing for groups to get into delhi. We had sessions every day with of course breaks along the way....

Tea time! Chai break!

Our group that's going to our area is awesome. We have named them Team Hardcore. One day at lunch i thought it would be beneficial for them to learn to eat with their hands... it was pretty humorous. you guys are so great!!

This is Lance. We both have the same last name - actually spelled the same way!! quite uncommon. so we addressed each other only by our last names. So funny!


The girls! after a storying session at the Y.and of course our annual picture of wherever we see each other - Me and John Caleb
Yeah for East Texas!! As a gift for helping out and teaching sessions, we were all given a bag of goodies. both Beki and i got separate bags of food!! Walmart exploded in our room. We were pretty thrilled. AND my group brought me a 6 pack of Dr Pepper!!! happy day!Here's a pic of Me, Haley (our new "travel friend") and BekkersBelow is Team Hardcore of the Nimda* TrailBlazers. (they really are hardcore.) you guys ROCK!



2 comments:

jrob said...

SA 101 Orientation was a blast!

Anonymous said...

SO I have been thinking about you a lot. I miss you so much! Tell our Coffman friend hello from his other sister!!I was pretty amazed when I read that. It is not that often we find those kind of friends!LOL. I hope you are doing well after the move. I have been working and taking classes this summer. Not much time for anything else. Although I am getting way excited about going back to school. In a weird way I never thought those words would come out of my mouth. I hope that you are having an amazing time with friends!! Miss you tons! ~Traci